The following tasks belong to the category PROFILES:
In parentheses the name of the source file is given.
- Create an output set with profiles extracted from an
input set at positions in subsets that are either
1) defined by ellipses, 2) entered manually or
3) entered with the graphics cursor.
- Program to calculate moments and other properties
of a profile
- Interactive estimation of width of global profile.
(No fitting involed)
- Interactive fit of 2-D gaussians
- QPLOT plots an one dimensional slice through a set.
- Derive radial surface density distribution from a 2-dim
total HI map using the 'Lucy method'.
- Solves the radial surface density distribution from a strip
integral of the brightness distribution. USE PROGRAM
RADIAL AS FRONT END FOR RADPROF.
- SIGDET (SIGnal DETection)
- Separate signal from noise in image.
- SLICEVIEW is an inspection tool for 2d and 3d data sets. It
extracts and displays slices under any angle and (for 3-d sets)
shows z-profiles/flux at any position.
- XGAUFIT estimates parameters for multi component one
dimensional gauss functions using data in selected
profiles. It can use these estimates to fit the
parameters to the data in a least squares fit.
Output is send to subsets in a set.
- Fit parameters of a standard Gauss function,
a Gauss-Hermite series or a Voigt lineshape to data from
GIPSY sets or ASCII files
See also: XGAUPROF Supplementary documentation. (xgauprof.src)