The following tasks belong to the category MODELS:
In parentheses the name of the source file is given.
- Fitting and subtraction of 2-D gaussians
- Apply a flat field correction to a map by fitting a
2-D polynomial to the background.
- Making model observations of the HI gas in a spiral galaxy.
- Find position or major-, minor axis and position angle of
sources by fitting 2 dim. gauss function parameters to
data in a box..
- Making the full datacube of the results of a gaussfit.
- Interactive fit of 2-D gaussians
- Review the geometrical component of a model galaxy
by fitting surface densities in (user supplied) tilted
- Interactive modeling of rotation curves
- This program calculates the rotation curve for a truncated
exponential disk (Casertano, M.N.R.A.S., vol. 203,
p735-p747, 1983), or for any other user supplied density
law. It can also calculate the rotation curve for a
- Calculates model velocity field from input parameters
given by the user.