The following tasks belong to the category MANIPULATION:
``Data manipulation/changes of data values''
In parentheses the name of the source file is given.
- Swap first and second axis of 2-dim (sub) set
and/or change the sign of the grid separation.
- Conditional transfer of maps using blotch region.
- Converts datavalues to BLANK and vice versa. CBLANK
also checks whether the data are legal (i.e. it checks
for NaN's etc. and replaces them by BLANKS).
- This program cleans maps or lines.
- Blank values of input if they are outside range.
- Combine sets to create new sets using mathematical
- Transfer values if test value within certain range.
- Program to copy set and subsets. It can also increase or
decrease the frame size of the subsets. BLANKs will be
written in the output set outside the original subset frame.
- Decrease size of a set in any direction with an
- Program to copy set and subset. It will only copy the subset
axes to the output set, so you can diminish the dimensionality
of a set.
- Program to edit data in a set.
- Enhance image (Local enhancement method)
- Copy set and extend new set with one or more axes.
Change size of set.
- This program does a two-dimensional Fast Fourier Transform
on a (pair of) map(s). Maximum map size is 2048 x 2048.
- Apply fast Fourier transform in N dimensions, i.e. for a profile (N=1),
a map or a series of maps (N=2) or a data cube (N=3).
- This task if a versatile tool to re-project data in a FITS
file to another- or a modified world coordinate system.
The output can be converted to a GIPSY set or a
legacy GIPSY set (to be used for tasks like ROTCUR,
- Program to insert (multiple) (parts of) a set into another
- Mirrors a two-dimensional image in x, y or both. It can
also rotate the image over +90 or -90 degrees.
- This program finds the minimum and maximum value in a
subset or part of a subset. It also counts the number
- Program to calculate moments and other properties
of a profile
- Find data values at positions of blanks interpolating the
data in a small volume around the blanks.
- Corrects maps for primary beam correction
- Create an output map with different grid along one axis.
- Re-project a spatial map into another map with a different
See also: Projections used in GIPSY. . (reproj.c)
- Program to scale the data in subsets by a factor and an
- The programme shuffles profiles in a set so that they are
aligned on positions taken from another set.
- SIGDET (SIGnal DETection)
- Separate signal from noise in image.
- Make a slice through a set
- Smooth sets with a gaussian beam
- Replace values by a box with other values e.g.
for removing a bad perimeter of a velocity field.
- Fit spline to data in selected subses and interpolate data for other subsets
- Transform a (sub)set using rotation, scaling, translation etc.
- Copy a input set to an output set of which the axis
order may be different. This task may be an alternative
- Program does a one dimensional smoothing of subsets.