MANAGEMENT general documents
The following general documents belong to the category MANAGEMENT:
``General system management''
In parentheses the name of the source file is given.
- Schedule compile to update GIPSY libraries and applications.
- The file bookkeeper which resides in the gip_sys directory,
does the bookkeeping of GIPSY procedures and applications for
- Checks $gip_sys/bookkeeper for compiler or other errors.
- Describes how to compile/install a procedure/application
program, how to install a document or include file,
how to (un)reserve a source file with the program
- The file contents, which resides in the gip_lib directory,
lists the modules defined in the GIPSY library.
- Sets the environment for the GIPSY directory. The user gipsy
must run the csh or tcsh shell.
- The file depend, which resides in the gip_lib directory,
contains a dependency list of all GIPSY applications.
- Creates an compressed exportable tar file of the GIPSY
sources and/or GIPSY binaries for all architectures for
- Compiles Fortran sources with the Fortran to C (f2c) compiler.
- Determines architecture of host.
- Retrieves a file from the GIPSY source server.
- Retrieves GIPSY sources from the GIPSY source server.
- Set some GIPSY environment variables in .cshrc or .profile
for process wide use.
- Starts a GIPSY session with thermes.
- The file history, which resides in the gip_sys directory,
Maintains a history of all GIPSY source files.
- Generate .html files containing links to the ASCII-based
documentation (-.dc1, -.dc2, -.dc3, -.doc).
- Installs or reinstalls the GIPSY essentials. It also
creates the directory tree.
- The file manager.mgr, which resides in the gip_sys
directory, contains the name, address and logname of
the GIPSY manager.
The file manager, which resides in the gip_loc directory,
contains the mail addresses of local GIPSY managers for
- Creates bookkeeper file from scratch.
- Make current host a GIPSY client.
- Starts a GIPSY session with nhermes.
- The file objects, which resides in the gip_lib directory,
lists the object files originating from GIPSY sources.
- The file offspring, which resides in the gip_sys directory,
maintains a list off files originating from GIPSY source
- Compiler options for some GIPSY source files
- pmails sends a mail message (file) to all GIPSY programmers.
- Maintains a list of all users who are allowed to
install GIPSY software.
- Registers a GIPSY installation or a new GIPSY user.
- This file contains the name (or address) of the gipsy
server from which to obtain the sources. The file is
also used by programme report (bug).
- Describes the system dependent commands for compiling
and installing GIPSY source files.
- Generates the GIPSY system.
- Unlocks compile by GIPSY manager.
- Updates the GIPSY libraries and applications.