The following tasks belong to the category CALCULATION:
``Calculations with set data''
In parentheses the name of the source file is given.
- Calculate expressions (using variables) and exercise GIPSY
- Combine sets to create new sets using mathematical
- Check whether there is a correlation between two maps
- Decrease size of a set in any direction with an
- Apply a flat field correction to a map by fitting a
2-D polynomial to the background.
- Program to calculate flux in user defined box.
- Calculates the gradients or the laplacian of a
map, using three by three sized templates.
- Program to calculate the mean of a number of subsets.
- Calculate median of data from set, file, table or
- Apply a median (or average) filter to a (sub)set
- This program finds the minimum and maximum value in a
subset or part of a subset. It also counts the number
- Program to calculate moments and other properties
of a profile
- Calculate FWHM and position angle of an ellipse, that represents
a 2-dim gaussian, using zero-th, first and second moments
of a distribution. The program can find asymmetrical features
in a data set.
- Find data values at positions of blanks interpolating the
data in a small volume around the blanks.
- Program to calculate the 2-dim gravitational potential
map of a 2-dim image. This is evaluating the integral
given as Eq. 2-3 in the book Galactic Dynamics by
Binney and Tremaine.
- RESWRI derives the kinematical parameters from the observed
velocity field by fitting tilted-rings to the velocity field
and fits harmonic terms after convergence of the ROTCUR part of
code. RESWRI uses the 1 sigma error-field to calculate its
- ROTCUR derives the kinematical parameters from the observed
velocity field by fitting tilted-rings to the velocity field.
- Program to calculate elementary statistics in user
- Program to add a number of subsets.